[HACKERS] PDF content lemma subdivision

От Erik Rijkers
Тема [HACKERS] PDF content lemma subdivision
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The PDF-version of the documentation has content-'frame' displayed on
the left-hand side (I'm viewing with okular; I assmume it will be
similar in most viewers).

That content displays a treeview down to the main entries/lemmata, like
'CREATE TABLE'.  It doesn't go any deeper anymore.

There used to be a further subdivision in that lefthand subtree: Name,
Synopsis, Division, Parameters, Notes, Examples, See Also (and an even
further, finer subdivision).  These would all be clickable links
straight into the lemma itself.

(Especially 'Examples' was a handy jump to have, IMHO - sometimes it
saved many pages of scrolling)

I noticed today that all these lower level subdivisions are gone.  Was
that deliberate or an accident?

If it's at all possible I would like to see these subdivisions
reinstated, so that navigating via the content-tree becomes that much
easier again.

(By the way (unrelated), I also noticed only today that the new process
now wraps many of the too-long-lines; lines that were previously
unceremoniously cut off in 'mid-sentence'.  That wrapping, although not
always pretty, is a really useful improvement.)

thanks,

Erik Rijkers