Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Streaming replication, and walsender during recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 7:43 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> How about restoring/streaming files to a new directory, say
> pg_xlog/restored/, with the real filenames? At least in standby_mode,
> probably best to keep the current behavior in PITR. That would feel more
> clean, you could easily tell apart files originating from the server
> itself and those copied from the master.

When the WAL file with the same name exists in the archive, pg_xlog
and pg_xlog/restore/ which directory should we recover it from?
I'm not sure that we can always make a right decision about that.

How about just making a restore_command copy the WAL files as the
normal one (e.g., 0000...) instead of a pg_xlog/RECOVERYXLOG?
Though we need to worry about deleting them, we can easily leave
the task to the bgwriter.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao