Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Backup history file should be replicated in Streaming Replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Dec 23, 2009 at 3:41 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> This means that we can replace a backup history file with the corresponding
>> xlog record. I think that we should simplify the code by making the replacement
>> completely rather than just adding new xlog record. Thought?
>
> We can't do that because it would stop file-based archiving from
> working. I don't think we should deprecate that for another release at
> least.

Umm... ISTM that we can do that even if file-base archiving case;

* pg_stop_backup writes the xlog record corresponding to a backup  history file, and requests the WAL file switch.

* In PITR or warm-standby, the startup process just marks database  as inconsistent until it has read that xlog
record.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao