Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2009 at 3:22 PM, Heikki
Linnakangas<heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Are you actually seeing performance degradation caused by frequent
> pg_control updates? In the simple test scenarios I've tested, pg_control
> is updated only once every few WAL segments, and this with
> shared_buffer=32MB. With larger shared_buffers, it happens even less
> frequently.

Oh, I misunderstood about how UpdateMinRecoveryPoint() is called.
ISTM that recovery is still fast unless shared_buffers is set to unreasonable
value. Sorry for the noise.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode
Сообщение: Re: BUG #4879: bgwriter fails to fsync the file in recovery mode