Re: pg_standby -l might destory the archived file

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: pg_standby -l might destory the archived file
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 11:41 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> writes:
>> pg_standby can use ln command to restore an archived file,
>> which might destroy the archived file as follows.
>
> Does it matter?  pg_standby's source area wouldn't normally be an
> "archive" in the real sense of the word, it's just a temporary staging
> area between master and slave.

If so, it might be deleted after triggering the warm-standby. But, we cannot
remove it because the latest xlog file which is required for normal recovery
might exist in it. This is another undesirable scenario. Is this problem?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center