Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Sync Rep: First Thoughts on Code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I fixed some bugs.

On Thu, Dec 25, 2008 at 12:31 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> Can we change to IMMEDIATE when it we need the checkpoint?

Perhaps yes, though current patch doesn't care about it.
I'm not sure if we really need the feature. Yes, as you say,
I'd like to also listen to everybody else.

> What is bkpCount for?

So far, name of a backup history file consists of only
checkpoint redo location. But, in this patch, since some
backups use the same checkpoint, a backup history file
could be overwritten unfortunately. So, I introduced
bkpCount as ID of backups which use the same checkpoint.

> I think we should discuss whatever that is for
> separately. It isn't used in any if test, AFAICS.

Yes, this patch is testbed. We need to discuss more.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center