Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 2:28 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>> First, it is possible that the history file name is not
>
> ...always...

Not always.
If the stoppoint is as same as the startpoint, the history file name
is alphabetically
later than the last WAL file name. Because the leading 24 characters
of each file name
are the same and the history file name has additional characters. On
the other hand,
if the stoppoint is larger than the startpoint, the last WAL file name
is alphabetically
later than the history file name. Because the leading 24 characters of
the last WAL
file name is later than those of the history file name.

BTW, I have one question. Why does BackupHistoryFilePath need to be duplicated
in pg_stop_backup? I think that the latter one is redundant. Am I
missing something?

regards

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Fix a couple of problems pointed out by Fujii Masao in the