Re: Weird EXECUTE ... USING behaviour

От Vincenzo Romano
Тема Re: Weird EXECUTE ... USING behaviour
Дата
Список pgsql-general
2010/1/12 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> Vincenzo Romano <vincenzo.romano@notorand.it> writes:
>> In a PL/PgSQL function I have the following:
>> ----
>>             execute $l2$
>>               alter table $l2$||ct||$l2$ add check(
>> data>=$1::timestamp and data<$2::timestamp and maga=$3 )
>>             $l2$ using rec.d0,rec.d1,rec.maga;
>> ----
>> which yields to this error messsge:
>> ERROR:  there is no parameter $1
>
> You can't use a parameter of the function in a CHECK constraint on a
> table.  The CHECK constraint is permanent and can't refer to transient
> state like that.
>
>                        regards, tom lane

Tom, $1, $2 and $3 should be the substitution arguments from the USING
predicate, not the function argument list, which in my case is an
empty list!
And the EXECUTE shoud implement a static binding with the "variables"
from the USING predicate ...

--
Vincenzo Romano
NotOrAnd Information Technologies