Re: CTE and function

От Ben Primrose
Тема Re: CTE and function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
This is my understanding, hopefully someone will chime in if I'm off.  Using
EXECUTE, the SQL is executed in a separate context than the current
statement.  So it's checking for a table with the name you pass, not aliases
within the current statement.

Giving the function another parameter to allow an expression lets this run.
That said, running user-given SQL is very insecure, and this should never be
run in a live database.  I changed the formatting to make it easier (for me)
to read.  Note the two table aliases ("as tab") where the table is passed
in.

        CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION gini_coefficient(IN table_name text
                                                   ,IN table_expression text
                                                   ,IN column_name text
                                                   ,OUT gini_coefficient DOUBLE
PRECISION
                                                   ) AS
        $$
        BEGIN
            EXECUTE format('SELECT ((N+1.0)/(N-1.0)) -
((PiXi_sum/(N*(N-1)*u))*2.0) AS gini_coefficient
                              FROM (SELECT SUM(PiXi) AS PiXi_sum
                                         , COUNT(*) AS N
                                         , (SELECT AVG(%s) FROM %s as tab) AS u
                                      FROM (SELECT row_number() OVER() * col AS
PiXi
                                              FROM (SELECT %s FROM %s as tab ORDER
BY %s DESC) t1
                                           ) t2
                                   ) t3;'
                          , column_name
                          , COALESCE (table_name
                                     ,'(' || table_expression || ')'
                                     )
                          , column_name
                          , COALESCE (table_name
                                     ,'(' || table_expression || ')'
                                     )
                          , column_name
                          )
               INTO gini_coefficient;
        END;
        $$
        LANGUAGE plpgsql;

        SELECT gini_coefficient(null
                               ,'SELECT unnest(ARRAY[1,2,3,4]) AS col'
                               ,'col'
                               );

A better solution is (using your original definition for gini_coefficient):

        create view tab as SELECT unnest(ARRAY[1,2,3,4]) AS col;
        SELECT gini_coefficient('tab','col');

Ben