Re: mingw32 floating point diff

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: mingw32 floating point diff
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2019-08-22 18:19, Tom Lane wrote:
> What I suggest doing is reducing extra_float_digits to -1 for this
> specific test.  Changing the contents of circle_tbl seems like it'd have
> more consequences than we want, in particular there's no guarantee that
> we'd not hit similar issues in other tests if they're given different
> inputs.

I agree that reducing the output precision is better than adjusting the
code.

The circle.sql file already has SET extra_float_digits TO 0, and a few
other files have other settings with different values.  Are we content
to use various numbers until it works in each case, or should we try to
use some consistency?