permissions

От Roger Koot
Тема permissions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I've set up a database 'test1' as user 'test'.
as user 'test' I've added 10 users; user1 to user10
then I created a group 'users' with user1 - user10 in it.
as user 'test' I created a table and
then (as user 'test') I granted the group 'users' full permissions to
this table.
Now I want to connect with OpenOffice over odbc to the postgres database
as user 'user1'. so far so good. in OpenOffice the table shows up just
fine *BUT* although 'user1' has ALL permissions, 'user1' isn't able to
modify, add or delete entries. why not ? what am I missing here ?

in short, I did this:

su - postgres
createuser -d -a -w test
createdb -U test test1
createuser -U test -D -A -w user1
createuser -U test -D -A -w user2
createuser -U test -D -A -w user10
psql -U test -d test1
create group users with user user1;
create group users with user user2;
..
create group users with user user10;
create table table1 ( val1 varchar(40, val2 text, val3 char(2));
grant all on table1 to group users;

then i.e. user1 tries to connect thru ODBC to the database, which
succeeds, but user1 fails to modify or add records

TIA
roger