Re: continuous data from stdin

От Jeff Boes
Тема Re: continuous data from stdin
Дата
Re: continuous data from stdin
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 13:09:45 -0500, ÷ÅÒÅÔÅÎÎÉËÏ× áÌÅËÓÅÊ wrote:

> I think it's a common question, though I couldn't find any information
> aboo= ut it so far. I've got a program that puts its logs into stdout.
> What is th= e best solution to insert these logs into a table as they
> occur?

I think you're going to have to write a program (Perl using DBI would be
my choice) to use this output as input, and do INSERT statements as each
record is received.  (The COPY command in SQL won't do the trick, if
that's what you're thinking of.)

--
Jeff Boes                                      vox 269.226.9550 ext 24
Database Engineer                                     fax 269.349.9076