Re: Plans for 2.8

От Federico Di Gregorio
Тема Re: Plans for 2.8
Дата
Список psycopg
On 10/04/2018 02:38 PM, Daniele Varrazzo wrote:
> A tiny improvement to SQL generation is already ready^W merged in
> #732: it will be possible to use `Identifier("schema", "name")` which
> would be rendered in dotted notation in the query. Currently
> `Identifier()` takes a single param so this extension is backward
> compatible and there is no need to introduce a new `Composable` type
> to represent dotted sequences of identifiers.

I understand that from a compatibility point of view everything works
with the "schema", "name" order of arguments (you just switch on the
number of arguments) but usually such approach causes infinite headaches
when you remove or add the namespace from the call.

`Identifier(name, schema=None)` is better, IMHO because makes explicit
that the mandatory and first argument is always the identifier itself,
while the schema is optional.

federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio                         federico.digregorio@dndg.it