Re: Access last inserted tuple info...

От Luis D. García
Тема Re: Access last inserted tuple info...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thanks, I've heard that, but in this case won't exactly fit my needs...

..First, I'm working on a PostgreSQL 8.1.4 modification, and it
would be really difficult to add all the changes I've made to the
new version.

...Second, I need to do all this form the backend (Postgres
Source Code). I can't use any User or Administrator defined
functions or sometime like that.

Well, maybe I didn't make myself clear, this is what I need to do:

I need to know the values of some fields (columns) from the last
inserted tuple. The problem is that I need to do this in the moment
I'm inserting a new one (all from the backend code) and compare
the values between the new one ( N.O) and the all ready inserted (A.R.I),
and if the N.O fits some properties (according to the A.R.I) it must
be decided if it has to be finally inserted or not.

I think there's not to much difficulty on that, but until now I haven't
found how to access that information. I can reach the HeapTuple
structure according the A.R.I tuple, but I don't know how to access
the information (values for its attributes) stored on it.

Thanks again...

2007/1/24, David Fetter <david@fetter.org>:
On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 12:56:14PM -0400, Luis D. Garc?a wrote:

>    Hi, I'm working on a modification of PostgreSQL 8.1.4 and I need to access
>    the
>    information stored in the last tuple inserted in a table (All this from the
>    backend
>    code).
>    Could anyone please help me on this?
>    Greetings and Thanks...

8.2 has (INSERT/UPDATE/DELETE) ... RETURNING.  Perhaps you could use
the 8.2 series instead :)

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!

--
Luis D. García M.