Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer" in MS sqlserver.?

От Jeffrey Melloy
Тема Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer" in MS sqlserver.?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Whoops, you're right.

On 1/8/07, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:
I thought that was called SQL Profiler.

Query Analyzer is EXPLAIN with a GUI.

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/aa178423(SQL.80).aspx

Anyway, I have not heard of such a thing for PostgreSQL, although I am
sure the basic information you want could be obtained from logging
queries and timing.

- Ian

On 1/8/07, Jeffrey Melloy <melloyj@alliancetechnologies.net > wrote:
> Not exactly.  SQL Analyzer also includes live monitoring of whatever queries
> are coming into the database.  You can achieve something similar by enabling
> query logging in the settings.
>

>  On 1/8/07, Ian Harding <harding.ian@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > There is no GUI tool that I know of, but there is EXPLAIN which gives
> > the same information.
> >
> > - Ian
> >
> > On 1/8/07, guillermo arias <guillermoariast@linuxwaves.com > wrote:
> > > is there a tracking trace tool in postgre? like the "SQL Analizer" in MS
> > > sqlserver.
> > >
> > > I have downloaded the PGAdmin III and i have not found any tool like
> this.
> > >
> > > Thanks

> > TIP 9: In versions below 8.0, the planner will ignore your desire to
> >        choose an index scan if your joining column's datatypes do not
> >        match

Сообщение: Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer" in MS sqlserver.?
Сообщение: Re: is there a tracking trace tool like the "SQL Analizer" in MS sqlserver.?