Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects

От Achilleas Mantzios
Тема Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thanx Dave,
that pretty much sums it up.

On 09/10/2017 18:33, Dave Cramer wrote:

On 9 October 2017 at 11:27, Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com> wrote:
Hello Jorge

On 09/10/2017 18:20, Jorge Solórzano wrote:
Hi Achilleas,

There is no time frame of releases, but
​breaking changes can happen in major releases like 43.0.0, and that can be probably the next year
, and even then, there nothing that stops you of still using 42.x.x, so I guess you have time to plan for a refactor of your code.

Thanx for the info, we had problems with postgresql-9.3-1101.jdbc4.jar against postgresql 10rc1 server, I guess we might have problems with 42 against 11 in the future?
You may which is why we suggest using the latest driver. It will be compatible with the latest versions of the server.

  just a side question, why was the original naming scheme <pgsql version> dropped ? I mean 42 or 43 do not imply directly the version.

The original naming scheme was dropped because there is no relationship between the driver version and the server version. We wanted to make that clear.

--
Achilleas Mantzios
IT DEV Lead

Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects
Сообщение: Re: [JDBC] jdbc-42.1-4 drop of Compatible property and useObjects