Re: Support for CREATE MODULE?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: Support for CREATE MODULE?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/2/21 10:43 AM, Jim Mlodgenski wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 2, 2021 at 9:58 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I wonder whether it'd be better to consider modules as a kind of
>> extension, or at least things with the same sort of ownership relations
>> as extensions have.
>
> That would solve the problem of associating objects which is the larger
> problem for users today. The objects can all live in their respective
> schemas with the module tying them all together.

Maybe something similar to "CREATE EXTENSION ... FROM unpackaged"?

Something like:
CREATE EXTENSION myfoo; /* shell extension */
ALTER EXTENSION myfoo ADD type ...;
ALTER EXTENSION myfoo ADD function ...;

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Support for CREATE MODULE?
Сообщение: Re: Support for CREATE MODULE?