Re: Views no longer in rangeTabls?

От David Steele
Тема Re: Views no longer in rangeTabls?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 6/9/23 11:28, David Steele wrote:

> It seems the thing to do here would be to scan permInfos instead, which
> works fine except that we also need access to rellockmode, which is only
> included in rangeTabls. We can add a scan of rangeTabls to get
> rellockmode when needed and we might be better off overall since
> permInfos will generally have fewer entries. I have not implemented this
> yet but it seems like it will work.

I implemented this and it does work, but it was not as straight forward
as I would have liked. To make the relationship from RTEPermissionInfo
back to RangeTblEntry I was forced to generate my own perminfoindex.

This was not hard to do but seems a bit fragile. Perhaps we need an
rteindex in RTEPermissionInfo? This would also avoid the need to scan
rangeTabls.

Regards,
-David