Re: Get rid of /static/ in doc urls?

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: Get rid of /static/ in doc urls?
Дата
Re: Get rid of /static/ in doc urls?
Список pgsql-www
On 10/19/18 6:26 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For reasons I can't quite understand the /static/ in the docs URL bugs
> me, now that we don't have /interactive/ anymore.  Could we just shorten
> that out of the URL?  The redirects shouldn't be problematic...

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense.

> I think as long as we issue the right redirects, search engines
> shouldn't be troubled by this, but my knowledge about this kind of stuff
> is severely outdated.

We would need permanent redirects, but those are not hard to set up,
especially in Django (or at the webserver level if we wanted to be super
efficient).

AFAIK this should be fairly trivial (and a good idea to do) so I'd +1
the change. I think, again, it's a matter if we want to apply it at the
Django or webserver level.

Jonathan

Вложения

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления: