Re: Problem with complex outer join expression

От chris smith
Тема Re: Problem with complex outer join expression
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 4/26/06, Chris Velevitch <chris.velevitch@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using 7.4.5 on win XP Pro SP1.
>
> I'm getting:-
>
>      ERROR:  syntax error at or near "(" at character 155
>
> from the query:-
>
> select dummy_records.sequence_nr,timesheets.weekending,timesheets.timesheet_id
> from dummy_records
>      ,left outer join timesheets
>             on (timesheets.weekending = ('2006-04-09' + (integer
> dummy_records.sequence_nr-1)*7)))
> where dummy_records.sequence_nr between 1 and (date '2006-04-23' -
> date '2006-04-09')/7+1;
>
> What this query is trying to achieve is:-
>
> Find all weekending dates between 2 given weekending dates and any
> corresponding timesheets for those weekending dates.

Table joins can only be done against another table & field, I don't
think you can do it using an expression like this. That should all be
in the where clause.

What do the timesheets and dummy_records tables look like?

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/