Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft

От Jonathan S. Katz
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi Simon,

On 8/17/20 3:30 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On Mon, 17 Aug 2020 at 17:07, Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, I am personally very excited for the PostgreSQL 13 release :)
>
> Yes, looks good.
>
> Some thematic changes would be useful for this release text:
>
> 1. Parallel vacuuming is mentioned first and its probably not the
> biggest thing we have here.
>
> 2. Many of the changes relate directly to large database support
> * Partitioning changes
> * Hash Agg
> * Stats improvements
> * Btree dedupe
> won't be noticed by people with smaller databases, but those with
> larger databases will find those changes dramatic, taken together. As
> a result, I recommend that we highlight this group of changes and
> describe the use case they improve, so they can be appreciated better
> in context.

Thanks for your feedback. Overall, I do agree with your analysis. My
original intention was to provide an anchor for some features that
people could read into, but going with the "how much of the release will
be read / copied" axiom, I rearranged some of the content and took your
suggestions. Please see the updated copy attached.

This also included feedback from the RMT and expands on some of the copy
in the body of the text.

Everyone: I'm looking to freeze the copy of the release early this
upcoming week so we can begin the translating effort. That said, I will
extend to review *deadline to September 2, 2020 AoE* to ensure there is
ample time to provide feedback.

After that, barring typos / critical errors discovered after that date,
the press release content will be frozen.

Thanks!

Jonathan

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 13 press release draft