Re:Re: Different execution plan between PostgreSQL 8.4 and 12.11

От gzh
Тема Re:Re: Different execution plan between PostgreSQL 8.4 and 12.11
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi Tom,

Thank you for your prompt response.
I've run analyze(not vacuum analyze), but it doesn't seem to work.
Is there any other way to optimize the database?

At 2022-10-10 00:02:09, "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote: >gzh <gzhcoder@126.com> writes: >> I run following sql in PostgreSQL 8.4 and PostgreSQL 12.11, it returns different execution plan. > >Have you done an ANALYZE in the new database? The rowcount estimates >seem a lot different, leading me to guess that the newer installation >doesn't have good statistics yet. > > regards, tom lane