Re: Recomended front ends?

От Adrian Klaver
Тема Re: Recomended front ends?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 8/7/19 11:57 AM, stan wrote:
> I am in the process of defining an application for a very small company
> that uses Postgresql for the backend DB. This DB will eventually run on a
> hosted machine. As you imagine all of the employees have Windows machines
> for their normal work asks. Frankly I am not very strong on Windows. so I
> am wondering what the consensus is for creating forms and reports?
>
> My first though is Libre Office as that is cross platform, and i can test
> on my development Linux machine. However, i am getting a bit of push-back
> from the user as he is having issues with installing Libre Office on his
> computer. he says it does not play well with MS Office. Also we seem to be
> having some bugs with Libre Office Base in early development.

Yeah, I gave up on Base awhile back due to its flaky performance.

> What is the community wisdom here?

What I have done is gone the Web route. In my case using Django as the
framework/backend and the users browsers as the clients. That greatly
simplifies keeping up with changes on the client end. There is still a
need to deal with cross browser issues, but that is less of a chore. As
Igor's post said it comes down to what you are comfortable with.

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com