Re: postgres jdbc into eclipse plugin (OID problems)

От Diego Zanga
Тема Re: postgres jdbc into eclipse plugin (OID problems)
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
2007/7/12, Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>:
> On Wednesday 11 July 2007 Diego Zanga's cat, walking on the keyboard, wrote:
> > However i could not understand WHY, it does it outside
> > eclipse and not inside it: this means the jdbc driver
> > have some problems inside eclipse, and doez not
> > throw execeptions about this problem, so the server
> > has some problem managing the prepared statement,
> > but i dont know what is it, and how to debug it
>
> I never developed an eclipse plug-ing, thus I don't know exactly how to help
> you (someone with more experience can give you help); I've got only a few
> suggestions. First of all, I guess the problem is in eclipse and not in the
> driver. I think if there's an exception is eclipse that is hiding it to you.

the problems is probably in my plugin :o)
however i dunno how to fully debug postgres activity
and i've understood why yesterday night :O/

the query i was using was something like:
select tableA.fieldA, tableA.fieldB from tableA where tableA.fieldA=8
the query report an error about >tableA<, but not WHERE/WITCH
tableA word reported the error.

it will be more <friendly> if the error was like

error in tableA:
select tableA.fieldA, tableA.fieldB from tableA where tableA.fieldA
like "tableA"
..............................^

or
error in tableA:
tableA.fieldB from tableA where tableA.fieldA=8

so it's simpler to understand what part of the query seems wrong

> Moreover, you can set the debugging options in the postgresql.conf
> (client_min_messages and debug_print*) and have a look at the logs to see
> what the server is receiving, as well as you can enable debugging in the
> driver; try appending ?loglevel=2 at the connection URL.

i've downloaded the jdbc source and debugged it, in the future
i will enable even this debug options however the problem was
about a prepared statement like
select tableA.fieldA, tableA.fieldB from tableA where tableA.fieldA like ?

while debugging it i thought it <processed> it while receiving, instead
it process it only after the parameter waz received and it has a full
query
select tableA.fieldA, tableA.fieldB from tableA where tableA.fieldA
like "tableA"
the <tableA> he doez not like if the first
select tableA.fieldA,

(the query i've used is only an example, the one i'm debuggins
is a little long and complex)

thanks :O)
--
Diego Zanga