Re: Guidance on INSERT RETURNING order

От Thorsten Glaser
Тема Re: Guidance on INSERT RETURNING order
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 11 Apr 2023, Federico wrote:

>Of course sorting the returned ids is only viable when using a serial

Yes, which is why I pointed out it doesn’t have to be.

>or identity column, that's why in the general case I've mentioned the
>insert with sentinel column

But it was pointed out that that’s not guaranteed either, unless you add
that sentinel column to the table itself…

bye,
//mirabilos
--
15:41⎜<Lo-lan-do:#fusionforge> Somebody write a testsuite for helloworld :-)

Сообщение: Re: Guidance on INSERT RETURNING order
Сообщение: Re: Guidance on INSERT RETURNING order