Re: BUG #16566: Consistently link latest repo RPM release to pgdg-redhat-repo-latest (ref #16074)

От Matt Saladna
Тема Re: BUG #16566: Consistently link latest repo RPM release to pgdg-redhat-repo-latest (ref #16074)
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

All other combinations of PostgreSQL + RHEL have a "latest" RPM that is linked to -11. It is an inconsistency with how the repo is laid out for PostgreSQL v12 and RHEL 8.

I brought this issue up in November as well (#16074), which was acknowledged and fixed.

All of the following repos *contain both* pgdg-redhat-repo-42.0-11.noarch.rpm and pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/10/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/11/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/
https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-7-x86_64/

The following repo *does not* contain pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm:

https://download.postgresql.org/pub/repos/yum/12/redhat/rhel-8-x86_64/

If pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm is no longer supported, then I can update my code that looks for "pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm". Based on the other locations having "pgdg-redhat-repo-latest.noarch.rpm", it seems like a bug to me.

- Matt