non unique value error... pgsql,,help needed.

От Shri
Тема non unique value error... pgsql,,help needed.
Дата
Re: non unique value error... pgsql,,help needed.  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear friends,

I am trying to import db from oracle to pgsql,

meanwhile facing a difficulty during importing oracle numeric(38) to pgsql numeric(38) column, Because in oracle that column is unique, but PGsql not able to correctly identify different and unique values with numeric(38) field.

for eg.

column: a numeric(38) primary

giving me error of non unique value in following two data.
1. 111122223333444455556666777788889999
2. 111122223333444455556666777788889997  (<----- both are different.)

When i enter first data into column (using EMS SQL MANAGER),it converts it to 1.11122223333444E35
and same way second data is converted to the same, so both got matches and it gives me error of non unique rows.

can somebody please advise how to tackle with this,, as this column will be used to join to another table,, i cant convert it to varchar,

is this happening due to some fault in pgsql ? EMS SQL MANAGER ? or  ME :-)