Re: A problem presentaion about ECPG, DECLARE STATEMENT

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: A problem presentaion about ECPG, DECLARE STATEMENT
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Kuroda-san,

> This feature, committed last February, has some bugs.
> * This syntax does not have oracle compatibility.

This in itself is not a bug. If the syntax is not standard compliant,
then it's a bug. That of course does not mean we would not like to be
Oracle compatible where possible.

> In order to modify bugs, I think many designs, implementations,
> and specifications should be changed.

I hope the authors of said patch speak up and explain why they
implemented it as is.

> Is it acceptable for PG12?

In general absolutely.

Michael