Natural upgrade path for RedHat 9?

От D. Dante Lorenso
Тема Natural upgrade path for RedHat 9?
Дата
Re: Natural upgrade path for RedHat 9?  (Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>)
Список pgsql-general
This isn't entirely PG related, but...

Does anyone know what the natural upgrade path from
RedHat 9 is?  I'm wondering if anyone on the PostgreSQL
team is working with redhat to package and bundle versions
of PostgreSQL for the latest redhat.

Is there going to be a RedHat 10?  Or are we all supposed
to choose a path of RH Enterprise vs Fedora Core?  I have
about 10 to 20 Redhat 9 machines in dev/qa/production that
I'm trying to plan the futures for.

Any sysadmins/dbs wanna chime in on this?  And no, no OS flame
wars...I just wanna know about RedHat9 --> going forward.  This
is what I'm building now:

    - RedHat 9
    - PostgreSQL 7.4
    - Apache 1.3.29 / Mod_SSL 2.8.16-1.3.29
<./source/mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29.tar.gz>
    - PHP 4.3.4
    - Java J2SE 1.4.2

Like...for instance, will my build in 6 months look something
like this?

    - RedHat 10, Fedora Core ?, RedHat Enterprise ?
    - PostgreSQL 7.x
    - Apache 2.x / Mod_SSL <./source/mod_ssl-2.8.16-1.3.29.tar.gz>
    - PHP 5.0
    - Java J2SE 1.5

Thanks,

Dante

Сообщение: Re: Backend start-up failed FATAL : non-superuser
Сообщение: Re: Backend start-up failed FATAL : non-superuser