Re: Indexing a Boolean or Null column?

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Indexing a Boolean or Null column?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Ok, so ...evenly distributed data on small set of values forces
> sequential scan since that's faster.  I expected that based on
> what I've read so far.

Actually, it's more a case of that fetching an item via and index is
considered, say, four times slower than fetching something off a
sequential scan (sort of).  Hence, if you are selecting more than 25% of
the table, then a sequential scan will be faster, even though it has to
process more rows.

Chris

Сообщение: Re: Indexing a Boolean or Null column?
Сообщение: Re: Indexing a Boolean or Null column?