JDBC java.net.BindException connecting to Postgres 7.4 running on Cygwin Win2K

От Matt Magoffin
Тема JDBC java.net.BindException connecting to Postgres 7.4 running on Cygwin Win2K
Дата
Re: JDBC java.net.BindException connecting to Postgres 7.4 running on Cygwin Win2K  (Paul Thomas <paul@tmsl.demon.co.uk>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
I'm getting the exception below when I try to connect to my locally
running instance of Postgres 7.4 (via Cygwin on Win2K). I'm trying to
connect via a DataSource configured with Tomcat 4.1.24. I can connect to
instances of Postgres this way on other machines, just not my locally
running instance. I can connect to the local instance just fine using
psql (with or without using TCP/IP via '-h 127.0.0.1') and applications
like pgAdmin are able to connect to it as well. This looks like the same
error noted in

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jdbc/2003-07/msg00058.php

but I didn't find any followups that addressed the problem for me (this
error happens every time I try to get a connection, including the first
attempt when there are no active connections to the database).

Has anyone been able to find a solution to this error?

Thanks in advance,
Matt

java.net.BindException: Address already in use: connect
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
    at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
    at org.postgresql.core.PGStream.<init>(PGStream.java:47)
    at
org.postgresql.jdbc1.AbstractJdbc1Connection.openConnection(AbstractJdbc1Connection.java:197)
    at org.postgresql.Driver.connect(Driver.java:139)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.DriverConnectionFactory.createConnection(DriverConnectionFactory.java:83)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnectionFactory.makeObject(PoolableConnectionFactory.java:184)
    at
org.apache.commons.pool.impl.GenericObjectPool.borrowObject(Unknown Source)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.AbandonedObjectPool.borrowObject(AbandonedObjectPool.java:117)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolingDataSource.getConnection(PoolingDataSource.java:110)
    at
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource.getConnection(BasicDataSource.java:312)
    [snip]