Re: Bug in new buffer freelist code

От Jan Wieck
Тема Re: Bug in new buffer freelist code
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

> BTW, I just managed to reproduce the hang, after a whole afternoon of
> trying ... only it was with a non-debug build.  Sigh.  Anyway, it seems
> my HP machine has a significantly higher probability of showing the
> problem than my Linux machine --- I have been unable to see the problem
> in thirty or forty "make checks" on that one.
>
> Let me know if there's any test I could run to confirm your theory,
> assuming I can make it happen again after I finish rebuilding.

You could add another assertion that checks that the CDB found is
actually pointing to the buffer that is being invalidated.

Looking at the bufmgr.c code for FlushRelationBuffers() ... it does
exactly what I described ... leaving the relnode and buffernum for an
invalidated buffer just where they are.

Jan

Сообщение: Re: Bug in new buffer freelist code
Сообщение: Re: Bug in new buffer freelist code