Parser: parse error - please help...

От Andrew Ayers
Тема Parser: parse error - please help...
Дата
Re: Parser: parse error - please help...
Список pgsql-general
All,

I am having a problem with an INSERT onto a table I have created. First
off, here is the table:

---

CREATE TABLE reg ("customer number" SERIAL PRIMARY KEY, "company name"
VARCHAR(50) NULL, address VARCHAR(100) NULL, city VARCHAR(50) NULL,
state VARCHAR(2) NULL, zip VARCHAR(50) NULL, phone VARCHAR(50) NULL,
alt_phone VARCHAR(50) NULL, fax VARCHAR(50) NULL, alt_fax VARCHAR(50)
NULL, iaccess BOOL NULL DEFAULT FALSE, browser VARCHAR(50) NULL,
provider VARCHAR(50) NULL, software VARCHAR(50) NULL, sversion
VARCHAR(10) NULL, ynintegrated BOOL NULL DEFAULT FALSE, ynnewtest BOOL
NULL DEFAULT FALSE, login VARCHAR(50) NULL, password VARCHAR(50) NULL,
txtnetid VARCHAR(11) NULL, alias_1 VARCHAR(50) NULL, alias_2 VARCHAR(50)
NULL, url VARCHAR(255) NULL, approval_password VARCHAR(20) NULL,
ynauthalert BOOL NULL DEFAULT FALSE, loi_date VARCHAR(50) NULL,
contract_eff VARCHAR(50) NULL, contract_term VARCHAR(50) NULL, term_code
VARCHAR(255) NULL, main_eff VARCHAR(50) NULL, main_term VARCHAR(50)
NULL, live_eff VARCHAR(50) NULL, renewal_eff VARCHAR(50) NULL, cs_rep
VARCHAR(50) NULL, txtactmanager VARCHAR(50) NULL, txtsalesrep
VARCHAR(50) NULL, txtprojmanager VARCHAR(50) NULL, modem_number
VARCHAR(50) NULL, dbc_users VARCHAR(50) NULL, intbillableusers INT4
NULL, country VARCHAR(50) NULL, mmowarning TEXT NULL, mmositefileflags
TEXT NULL, verified VARCHAR(50) NULL, buildtimedate VARCHAR(50) NULL,
ynhipaaba BOOL NULL DEFAULT FALSE);

---

I have a process which loops and inserts multiple records into this
table. After processing approximately 200 records, it attempts to do the
following insert:

---

INSERT INTO reg("customer number", "company name", address, city, state,
zip, phone, alt_phone, fax, alt_fax, iaccess, browser, provider,
software, sversion, ynintegrated, ynnewtest, login, password, txtnetid,
alias_1, alias_2, url, approval_password, ynauthalert, loi_date,
contract_eff, contract_term, term_code, main_eff, main_term, live_eff,
renewal_eff, cs_rep, txtactmanager, txtsalesrep, txtprojmanager,
modem_number, dbc_users, intbillableusers, country, mmowarning,
mmositefileflags, verified, buildtimedate, ynhipaaba) VALUES ('855',
'Test Company', '1234 West Jazz Street', 'Tempe', 'AZ', '85203', '(602)
123-4567', '(602) 123-4567', '(602) 123-4567', '(602) 123-4567', true,
'Internet Explorer', DEFAULT, 'HP3.5', '13', false, false, 'eci855',
DEFAULT, DEFAULT, 'Test', 'Tester', 'http:\\www.eldocomp.com\', DEFAULT,
false, DEFAULT, '09/11/2002', DEFAULT, DEFAULT, '09/11/2002', DEFAULT,
DEFAULT, DEFAULT, 'Chris Riesgraf ext. 244', 'Keri Daminelli ext. 246',
'Kerry Winkle ext. 229', DEFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT,
  '0', 'USA', 'afdsf', DEFAULT, DEFAULT, DEFAULT, false);

---

This generates the following error (from within VB):

Error -2147467259 - ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "09" at
character 847

---

When I try the above insert in psql, I get a prompt like:

dbname'>

Here, if I input ' followed by RETURN, the prompt changes to:

dbname(>

Input ), the prompt changes to:

dbname->

Input ;, the error occurs:

ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "09" at character 847

---

Something is obviously wrong - but what it is, I cannot tell. I have
tried to simplify the problem by comparing prior inserts to this one, to
see what the differences are, to no avail. It is like it is missing a
paren or a quote, or has an extra - but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Am I missing something obvious, can somebody help?

Thank you,

Andrew L. Ayers
Phoenix, Arizona

-- CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE --

This message is intended for the sole use of the individual and entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain
informationthat is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
intendedaddressee, nor authorized to receive for the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that you may not use,
copy,disclose or distribute to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received
thismessage in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email, and delete the message. Thank you.