Re: libpq++ with 7.4?

От Carlos Moreno
Тема Re: libpq++ with 7.4?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Ok, I seem to have pushed the thread too much in the
"why was libpq++ removed" direction  :-)

I will be moving to libpqxx for any new code that we
write.  (BTW, is libpqxx *officially* accepted as the
C++ API?)

But I also wanted to address the issue that we have
lots of code that uses libpq++, and I don't think it's
a good idea to re-write that code with libpqxx (at least
not yet).

So, I was hoping to get some comments regarding the
issue of whether or not I should expect any trouble
when moving to version 7.4 of the backend.

The code has been working fine -- the "hidden" issues
that you mentioned, Jeroen, don't seem to affect us
too much, as we only use transactions in a couple of
places in one of our applications;  and the code is
localized enough to be confident that exceptions
won't be causing trouble...  (I know, I know, famous
last words  :-)).

So, any comments?

Carlos
--
PS: Jeroen, I have a couple of comments/feedback on   libpqxx;  should I e-mail you directly, or you   prefer that I
postthem here?