Re: pgAdmin crashes when client_min_messages is

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: pgAdmin crashes when client_min_messages is
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
My Deja wrote:

> I am trying to get some query trees to appear in the PostgreSQL log
> and in order to that I have set
> client_min_messages = DEBUG1  in order to use the following settings
> debug_print_parse, debug_print_rewritten, or debug_print_plan which
> are required for the query tree to show up in the log.
>
> pgAdmin crashes whenever I set that option. I tried a few times and I
> am sure of it.
> I am using PostgreSQL 7.4 under Cygwin on a Windows 2000 machine, but
> I don't think that has any relevance.

I can confirm this problem. Apparently the flood of debug notices will
kill pgAdmin3 after a while.
I'll have a deeper look into this later. Until then, do *not* set these
options in postgresql.conf. Instead, set these options per user (if you
want to observe a user *different* from the one you're using with
pgAdmin3), or set these options in the query tool prior to executing
your queries to inspect.

Regards,
Andreas