Re: Issue with Linux+Pentium SMP Context Switching

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: Issue with Linux+Pentium SMP Context Switching
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
suggestions..

1. Patch linux kernel for HT aware scheduler.
2. Try running Xeons in HTdisabled modes.

See if that helps. I would say using 2.6 on it is recommended anyways.. If
possible of course..
 </pre></blockquote> I would avoid 2.6 on a production machine. 2.6 breaks alot (not as in a bad thing, but as in not
cite="mid200312201220.08675.shridhar_daithankar@myrealbox.com"type="cite"><pre wrap=""> Shridhar

+1-503-222-2783 - <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:jd@commandprompt.com">jd@commandprompt.com</a> - <a
class="moz-txt-link-freetext"href="http://www.commandprompt.com">http://www.commandprompt.com</a>

Editor-N-Chief - PostgreSQl.Org - <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.postgresql.org">http://www.postgresql.org</a></pre>