Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled

От David E. Wheeler
Тема Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:47 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:

> On Apr 17, 2009, at 10:21 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>
>> On Apr 17, 2009, at 9:22 AM, David E. Wheeler wrote:
>>
>>> So does it not know to look in /usr/local/include/ossp-uuid when
>>> it's looking for uuid.h?
>>
>> Tried a few more things. No matter where I put uuid.h, configure
>> doesn't seem to find it. I put it in /usr/local/include and ran
>> configure with --with-includes=/usr/local/include and it didn't
>> find it. RhodiumToad said on IRC that it's looking for "ossp/
>> uuid.h", so I tried putting it in /usr/local/include/ossp/ and ran
>> configure with the same --with-include and it still didn't find it.
>> So at this point, I'm unable to figure out how to get configure to
>> find and use the OSSP uuid header. :-(
>
> I take that back. It can find it in the ossp subdirectiry, as
> RhodiumToad said, but it can't compile it:
>
> checking ossp/uuid.h usability... no
> checking ossp/uuid.h presence... yes
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     check for missing prerequisite
> headers?
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: see the Autoconf documentation
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be
> Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's
> result
> configure: WARNING: ossp/uuid.h: in the future, the compiler will
> take precedence
> configure: WARNING:     ## ---------------------------------------- ##
> configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org ##
> checking for ossp/uuid.h... yes

Oh, and despite that warning, I am in fact able to build and install
the OSSP UUID contrib module. So I've no idea what that warning is
about.

Best,

David

Сообщение: Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled
Сообщение: Re: WARNING: uuid.h: present but cannot be compiled