Re: is it possible to get the optimizer to use indexes

От Erki Kaldjärv
Тема Re: is it possible to get the optimizer to use indexes
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hello,

i got indexes to work with "text_pattern_ops" for locale et_EE.

So instead of:
create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field);

nor

create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field text_ops);

try to create index as follows:
create index some_index_name on some_table(some_text_field text_pattern_ops);

Note that text_pattern_ops is available pg >= 7.4.

Regards,

Erki Kaldjärv
Webware OÜ
www.webware.ee

Tom Lane wrote:
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
So even in a north-american locale, such as en_CA this will be a
problem?
If it's not "C" we won't try to optimize LIKE.  I know en_US does not
work (case-insensitive, funny rules about spaces, etc) and I would
expect en_CA has the same issues.

If you're using 7.4 you have the option to create a special index
instead of re-initdb'ing your whole database.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: why do optimizer parameters have to be set manually?
Сообщение: Re: why do optimizer parameters have to be set manually?