Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: OLAP CUBE/ROLLUP Operators and GROUP BY grouping sets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Robert Bedell wrote:
> I'm curious if anyone has ever looked into adding OLAP functionality (per
> the SQL99 specs) into PostGreSQL.  I don't actually own the proper SQL99
> specifications, and since the newer sql2003 ones are coming out I don't know
> which to purchase.  Could someone point me in the right direction?

For a recent draft of SQL2003 see:
http://www.wiscorp.com/sql/sql_2003_standard.zip

FWIW I've been thinking about working on some SQL 2003 OLAP features for
Postgres 7.5, but it isn't clear what I'll have time for yet. I'm hoping
to at least work on aggregates that accept two arguments (binary set
functions), e.g. REGR_*, and window frame aggregates.
(section 4.15.4 and 10.9)

> PS - ...no, I won't even mention materialized views...

There has been a recent discussion about materialized views on one of
the lists. I think someone might already be working on it. Search the
archives.

Joe