Re: Excel, OpenOffice and Postgres

От Sai Hertz And Control Systems
Тема Re: Excel, OpenOffice and Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Dear Bob Powell ,

>Can anyone tell me if it is possible to connect excel or openoffice via
>odbc directly to a postgres backend database.

Yes you can do this .
What you need is :
1. pgsqlODBC download it from www.postgresql.org for Windows
2.  Unix ODBC for OpenOffice in xNIX.
For windows :
1. Make an ODBC connection to your database  with required password /
host name  as
    Click on
    >START>CONTROL PANEL >  PERFORMANCE AND MAINTAINCE > ADMIN TOOLS > ODBC
Now with this ODBC connection you can View tables on OpenOffice and M$ Excel

>Also, if that is possible does either OpenOffice or Excel support SQL
>queries to said database?

Yes and more OpenOffice 1.1 alows forms for data input and report generation
Note :
 Form part I have not tested but I have seen it

Tell me If this helps
Regards,
Vishal Kashyap

От: Bernd Helmle
Сообщение: Re: copy command problem
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Reload bytea [was Re: Picture with Postgres and Delphi]