Re: Hardware suggestions for Linux/PGSQL server

От Andrew G. Hammond
Тема Re: Hardware suggestions for Linux/PGSQL server
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
I don't know what your budget is, but there are now 10k RPM SATA 150
drives on the market. Their price/performance is impressive. You may
want to consider going with a bunch of these instead of SCSI disks (more
spindles vs. faster spindles). 3ware makes a hardware raid card that can
drive up to 12 SATA disks. I have been told by a few people who have
used it that the linux driver is very solid.

Drew