Re: Port blocked by iptables firewall

От Greg Campbell
Тема Re: Port blocked by iptables firewall
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
I understand the locked down ports thing. I am now surprised that I
didn't have this problem in RH8.

For some reason when I installed PostgreSQL on my RH8 machines, using
the RPM I did not run into this particular problem as I recall. (This
time both RH9 and PostgreSQL were factory installed on a DELL server). I
don't remember changing/adjusting the Linux Security Levels. My  RH8
doesn't seem to be using iptables, there is no /etc/sysconfig/iptables
file.

So I think use the System Tools ->Security Level administrator is doing
something different under the hood now. While my RH8 install has a
iptables executable, it seems to have nothing (empty files) to work
against. I believe it is managing the older ipchains security. For
curiosity sake, what did you do in RH8 to open up port 5432? Does lokkit
function against both systems?