Re: 7.4 build problem on Linux Vserver

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: 7.4 build problem on Linux Vserver
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane wrote:

>"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
>

>>gcc -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wmissing-prototypes
>>-Wmissing-declarations prod -I../../src/include -D_GNU_SOURCE
>>-I/usr/include  -c -o path.o path.c
>>gcc: cannot specify -o with -c or -S and multiple compilations
>>

>How is "prod" getting into that command line?  I suspect it's coming
>from an environment variable like PROFILE or CFLAGS ...

Is there a case for making Makefile/shell variables and defines we use
have less generic names? I know I encountered a problem on Windows when
doing initdb because it defines one of BINDIR/DATADIR (I forget which).
It took me ages to find out what was going on, and I fixed it by
prepending the variable (in this case a define) with "PG"

cheers

andrew

Сообщение: Re: 7.4 build problem on Linux Vserver
Сообщение: Re: 7.4 build problem on Linux Vserver