Re: Creating functions with pgAdmin III

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Creating functions with pgAdmin III
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Michael Shapiro wrote:

>>Actually it isn't random, but the sort order might not be what you
>>expect. It looks like (regard as meta code)
>>ORDER BY isdomain, isArray, typname
>>

>This doens't mean anything to me. What I am after is to not have to
>scroll up and down searching for the type. If there is no order by clause
>that will suffice,

There *is* an ordering clause, look at that pseudo code above.

>then you could add code in PgAdmin itself to do
>the ordering. What I think would be a good order is
>    builtin types first
>    user defined types next
>    schema table types next (ordered by schema)
>alphabetic within each group. Does that make sense?

Michael,

please don't send private mail. Everything should be discussed publicly;
we're Open Source. Besides, private mail screws up my inbox processing;
your answers might well go unnoticed to spam.

As I said we'll be refactoring types handling. You might find find the
current ordering not helpful, others might do so (at least I like
domains first, because I use domains to abstract from real database
types, increasing portability)

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: Creating functions with pgAdmin III
От: Jyrki Wahlstedt
Сообщение: Some questions