Re: Call for pg_dump testing

От Christopher Kings-Lynne
Тема Re: Call for pg_dump testing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> There's not currently any code for that, though I imagine we could
> invent some at need.  Please provide example cases.

create view v1 as select 1;
create view v2 as select 1 + (select * from v1);
create or replace view v1 as select * from v2;

It seems to me that the only way to solve that one is to dump 'view
shells'.  eg. for text columns return '' and numeric columns return 0:

eg:

create view v1 as select 0::integer;
create view v2 as select 1 + (select * from v1);
create or replace view v1 as select * from v2;

>>Also, what happens if I delete a key dependency from my pg_depend table
>>manually?
>

> Postgres has always allowed you to shoot yourself in the foot by
> manually diddling the system catalogs.  I place this in the "if it
> hurts, don't do it" category ...

Is there any reason for us to still allow that?  What is there left that
requires manual twiddling?

Also shouldn't we really separate out the 'can modify catalogs manually'
privilege from the 'superuser' privilege?

That way dbas could make people superusers who couldn't to extremely bad
things to the catalogs?

Chris