Re: 7.4 and Pygresql

От Joshua D. Drake
Тема Re: 7.4 and Pygresql
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces

>> You know, I expect that sort of FUD from commercial enterprises that
>> have something to gain by switching people to their product.
>

> I've recommended pyPgSQL *or* psycopg, because I honestly believe that
> they're better options for developers (a lot more complete, and
> actively developed, and bug reports/patches don't get lost). So it's
> not true that I only tried to promote the project I'm involved in.

It is our experience that pyPgSQL and psycopg are much better supported
than the PyGreSQL. We have tried PyGreSQL in the past and found it to be
lacking. I seriously doubt, regardless of D'Arcy's biased that he was
presenting a case based on just involvement of himself in a project.
Specifically
we have developed over 100,000 dollars worth of code in psycopg without
issue.

Sincerley,

Joshua D. Drake

--
Command Prompt, Inc., home of Mammoth PostgreSQL - S/ODBC - S/JDBC
Postgresql support, programming, shared hosting and dedicated hosting.