Re: Creating functions with pgAdmin III

От Andreas Pflug
Тема Re: Creating functions with pgAdmin III
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Ian Freislich wrote:

>I can't find the pseudo-type RECORD in the drop-down list of return
>types so it is impossible to create functions like "CREATE OR REPLACE
>FUNCTION foo (TEXT) RETURNS SET OF RECORD AS..." using the gui.

Not all 'p' types are allowed as return types for functions, but
apparently the list was too restricted.
I expanded the list (to be precise: allow all for certain exceptions),
committed to cvs.

>Currently I have to work around this by manually creating the
>function shell from psql or using the query editor and then editing
>the function body using pgAdmin.

Yeah, this is what pgAdmin3's sql preview is meant for. Not necessary
for this special case any more.

>BTW, this is a _great_ tool which has helped our sysadmins and
>junior developers quickly and easily administer, grasp the structure
>of our databases and develop their own schemas.

Thanks!

Regards,
Andreas

От: Andreas Pflug
Сообщение: Re: SQL window hangs/errors upon close of approx.
От: Devrim GUNDUZ
Сообщение: New FC1 RPMS uploaded to snake