Re: howto use pgencrypto ?

От Joe Conway
Тема Re: howto use pgencrypto ?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David H wrote:

> select encrypt
> ('srcip'::bytea,'pass'::bytea,'bf'::text)::bytea as
> "test" from tbltcplog limit 3;
>
> I got:
>
> ERROR:  Function encrypt(bytea, bytea, text) does not
> exist
>         Unable to identify a function that satisfies
> the given argument types
>         You may need to add explicit typecasts

The pgcrypto README doesn't seem to mention it, but in general, after
building any of the contrib libraries, you need to "load" them into any
databases in which you want to use their functions. Something like:

psql mydatabase < pgcrypto.sql

However, If you are using the regression database after running make
installcheck, the functions should be there. I get this:

regression=# \df encrypt
                      List of functions
  Result data type | Schema |  Name   | Argument data types
  bytea            | public | encrypt | bytea, bytea, text
(1 row)

So I'd conclude you are not using the regression database and need to
follow the first suggestion ;-)

HTH,

Joe