Re: Datatype Inet and Searching

От Guy Fraser
Тема Re: Datatype Inet and Searching
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

Devin Atencio wrote:

> Dear Users,
>
> I am very new to using the inet data type and I have a database with a
> list of CIDRs in it
>
> And I was hoping to be able to do some kind of select statement that
> would pull the record
>
> That the IP given is located in for example. If in my database I have
> a record like:
>
> Id cidr name
>
> 1 10.0.0.0/30 user1
>
> 2 10.0.0.4/30 user2
>
> 3 10.0.0.8/30 user3
>
> I was hoping to be able to do something like:
>
> Select * from mytable where cidr <<=’10.0.0.5’
>
> And the database would return only record 2 since it knows that
> 10.0.0.5 is contained only within record 2.
>
> I can’t seem to figure out the correct syntax to make this type of
> query happen. Any help would greatly
>
> Be appreciated.
>
> Devin Atencio

Select * from mytable where cidr >>= ’10.0.0.5’

or

Select * from mytable where ’10.0.0.5' <<= cidr

--
Guy Fraser
Network Administrator

There is a fine line between genius and lunacy, fear not, walk the
line with pride. Not all things will end up as you wanted, but you
will certainly discover things the meek and timid will miss out on.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Gaetano Mendola
Сообщение: Re: Datatype Inet and Searching
От: "Clint Stotesbery"
Сообщение: Help converting Oracle instead of triggers to PostgreSQL