Re: Concatenating multiple fetches into a single string

От Tomasz Myrta
Тема Re: Concatenating multiple fetches into a single string
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Dnia 2003-12-02 05:51, Użytkownik Kumar napisał:
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> But how to use this comma_aggregate( ) function to concatenate the fetched
> columns values from a select statement. In my example my select stmt fetches
> the following 3 rows. How can I use this function to concatenate them.
>
> Select full_name FROM project_members where project_members.project_role_id
> in ( ' x,y,z ') ;
>
>  full_name
>  ---------------
>  David
>  Postgres
>  plpgsql
>
> Expected return string is - 'David,Postgres,Plsql'

Where is the problem?
It's an aggregate function - you use it like the other ones:

select comma(full_name) from...

There is one problem with this function - strings order is unexpectable,
but you can always sort them in subselect before using this function:

select comma(full_name) from
(select full_name from .... order by full_name) X;

Regards,
Tomasz Myrta